I just purchased a EX3700 and I am trying to set it up, but the manual says I need a Wifi network manager. Where can I get this? I looked online but do not feel safe with some of the downloads I viewed. Too bad I cannot find a link on Netgear, or that they did not include it. Any help is appreciated. Wi-Fi 6 is designed to give you a smoother and more enjoyable wireless experience in your hyper-connected home. Your Wi-Fi speed and coverage range will increase while allowing more devices to connect and stream simultaneously without impacting quality. Shop Wi-Fi 6 Routers Shop NETGEAR Nighthawk Wi-Fi 6 routers.
I recently noticed a Hidden Network as well as my Netgear Network displayed. All the other networks in my neighborhood no longer display. This is true only on my laptop. All other devices laptops in the house show the neighbors networks and no hidden network. All laptops are Windows 10. Drivers dazzle* sound cards & media devices. Netgear's FA311 Ethernet network card connects your PC to other networked computers, printers, Zip drives, routers, network storage, and the Internet. Providing high-speed data transfer, the FA311 provides 10/100 Mbps auto-sensing capability, eliminating the need for manual switching.
|Founded||January 8, 1996; 25 years ago|
|Headquarters||San Jose, California, U.S.|
|Revenue||US$1.41 billion (2017)|
|US$86.6 million (2017)|
|US$19.4 million (2017)|
|Total assets||US$1.21 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||US$730.5 million (2017)|
|Footnotes / references|
Netgear, Inc. is a multinational computer networking company based in San Jose, California, with offices in about 25 other countries. It produces networking hardware for consumers, businesses, and service providers. The company operates in three business segments: retail, commercial, and as a service provider.
Netgear's products cover a variety of widely used technologies such as wireless (WiFi and LTE), Ethernet and powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. The products include wired and wireless devices for broadband access and network connectivity, and are available in multiple configurations to address the needs of the end-users in each geographic region and sector in which the company's products are sold.
As of 2018, Netgear products are sold in approximately 30,000 retail locations around the globe, and through approximately 25,000 value-added resellers, as well as multiple major cable, mobile and wireline service providers around the world.
Netgear was founded by Patrick Lo in 1996. Lo graduated from Brown University with a degree in electronic engineering. Prior to founding Netgear, Lo was a manager at Hewlett-Packard. Netgear received initial funding from Bay Networks.
The company was listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange in 2003.
Netgear's focus is primarily on the networking market, with products for home and business use, as well as pro-gaming, including wired and wireless technology.
Netgear Network & Wireless Cards Driver Download For Windows 10 64-bit
Netgear markets network products for the business sector, most notably the ProSAFE switch range. As of May 2007, Netgear provides limited lifetime warranties for ProSAFE products for as long as the original buyer owns the product. Currently focusing on Multimedia segment and business product.
Netgear also markets network appliances for the business sector, including managed switches and wired and wireless VPN firewalls. In 2016, Netgear released its Orbi mesh Wi-Fi System, with models for business as well as household use. The system uses a Tri-band architecture, similar to the traditional dual-band, but with a dedicated 5 GHz connection between the router and a provided satellite. The addition of a second 5 GHz channel allows the network to distribute its traffic, easing congestion caused by the increasing number of 5 GHz compatible wireless devices present in many household networks. In September 2017, Netgear exited the VPN firewall product category.
Netgear sells premium NAS devices to small businesses and consumers under the product name ReadyNAS. With this storage hardware line, Netgear vies with competitors like Buffalo, Zyxel and HP. Netgear entered the storage market in May 2007 when it acquired Infrant (originator of the ReadyNAS line). In March 2009, Netgear began to offer an integrated online backup solution called the ReadyNAS Vault.
Network security cameras
Netgear created home security camera brand Arlo, which was spun out into a separate company in August 2018. Arlo is now publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange.
Netgear outsources all manufacturing to other electronics companies, including Askey Computer Corporation, Cameo Communications, Delta Networks, Flex, Foxconn, Taicang T&W Electronics, Pegatron Corporation, SerComm, Wistron Neweb Corporation and USI Electronics (Shenzhen).
Netgear Inc., primarily founded in San Jose, California, United States of America on January 8, 1996 has its offices in about 25 other countries. Manufacturing occurs primarily in mainland China and Vietnam, with pilot and low-volume manufacturing in Taiwan on a select basis.
To maintain quality standards, Netgear have established their own product quality organization based in Hong Kong and mainland China. They are responsible for auditing and inspecting process and product quality on the premises of ODMs and JDMs (Joint Development Manufacturers).
Netgear was unaffected by US President Donald Trump's 25% tariffs on Chinese imports. Because all manufacturing is outsourced, the company was able to shift its production lines from China to Vietnam, Thailand and Indonesia.
Various Netgear products that were manufactured by SerComm were found to contain a backdoor that allowed unauthorized remote access to the affected devices. Netgear, along with other companies with products manufactured by SerComm that were affected by the aforementioned backdoor, issued firmware updates for some affected products. However, it was shortly found that the updates merely hid the backdoor but did not remove it.
A backdoor also existed on the DG834 series. Any person who can access the router using a web browser, can enable 'debug' mode using
[IP_ADDR]/setup.cgi?todo=debug and then connect via Telnet directly to the router's embedded Linux system as 'root', which gives unfettered access to the router's operating system via its Busybox functionality. Additionally, a 'hidden' URL
[IP_ADDR]/setup.cgi?todo=ping_test also allows unfettered access (on a v5 model a username and password are requested). There is no user option provided to disable this. On default Netgear firmware Telnet access lacks password or other control; on ISP modified versions (such as Sky) a Telnet password exists based on the MAC address which can be found via online websites.
In January 2017, various Netgear products were found to be vulnerable to an exploit that allows third-party access to the router and the internal network and to turn the router into a botnet.
- ^'US SEC: Form 8-K Netgear, Inc'. U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- ^'NETGEAR, Inc. - Investor Relations'. investor.netgear.com. Retrieved January 11, 2018.
- ^ abc'Netgear創辦人憑天線發圍'. Apple Daily (in Chinese). December 23, 2019. Retrieved September 22, 2020.
- ^'ProSAFE Lifetime Warranty'. Netgear.com. May 1, 2007. Retrieved August 10, 2011.
- ^'ORBI TRI-BAND WIFI SYSTEMS 2017 Press Releases About Us NETGEAR'. www.netgear.com. Retrieved July 17, 2018.
- ^'VPN Firewalls Series Security Business NETGEAR'. www.netgear.com. Retrieved January 24, 2019.
- ^'Computer Network Attached Storage Market Brief Analysis And Application, Growth By 2026 Western Digital Corporation, Netgear Inc, Synology Inc – KYT24'. Retrieved November 10, 2020.
- ^'NETGEAR, Inc. - NETGEAR® Completes Acquisition of Infrant'. investor.netgear.com. Archived from the original on July 7, 2017. Retrieved August 10, 2011.
- ^'Today @ PC World Netgear Acquires Infrant Technologies'. Blogs.pcworld.com. May 3, 2007. Archived from the original on September 28, 2011. Retrieved August 10, 2011.
- ^Ngo, Dong (March 3, 2009). 'Netgear's ReadyNAS Vault taps into cloud storage Crave - CNET'. News.cnet.com. Retrieved August 10, 2011.
- ^Wollerton, Megan (August 3, 2018). 'Netgear spins its Arlo smart home security brand off as a public company'. CNET. CBS Interactive. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- ^Schubarth, Cromwell (July 30, 2018). 'The Funded: Arlo Technologies is next Bay Area IPO, coming Friday'. Silicon Valley Business Journal. American City Business Journals. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- ^'Netgear Form 10-K (2015)'. www.sec.gov. Retrieved January 23, 2018.This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
- ^'Manufacturing Partner ISO Certifications Regulatory/Export Compliance NETGEAR'. www.netgear.com. Retrieved January 23, 2018.
- ^'Netgear Form 10-K (2016)'. www.sec.gov. Retrieved January 23, 2018.This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
- ^'FORM 10K (2018) Year'. www.sec.gov. 2012. Retrieved January 24, 2018.This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
- ^'TCP-32764 GitHub repository'. GitHub. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- ^'How Sercomm saved my Easter: Another backdoor in my router: when Christmas is NOT enough!'(PDF). fr:Synacktiv. 2014. Retrieved December 25, 2014.
- ^Netgear DG834G telnet
- ^DG834G Embedded Linux
- ^Netgear exploit found in 31 models lets hackers turn your router into botnet
Change Netgear Network Name
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Netgear.|