The Toledo Symphony invites all students, parents, and teachers to experience music and learning at the beautiful Greek-inspired Toledo Museum of Art Peristyle Theater. These captivating 40-minute educational programs bring to life orchestral music of the highest quality—an experience you will not soon forget! Step outside the walls of your classroom and open your students’ eyes and ears to a world of beauty that only live music can offer.
John Williams Workshop
- House of Poppaeus Sabinus; peristyle: 5092: If you felt the fires of love, mule-driver, you would make more haste to see Venus. I love a charming boy; I ask you, goad the mules; let’s go. Take me to Pompeii, where love is sweet. You are mine IX.5.18: House of Hercules and Nessus; beside the door of house: 5112.
- The peristyle fits into this chain of premises and acts as an important intermediary between them, articulating all the major directions. The rhythmic colonnade of the peristyle enters the house enhancing the feeling of transit movement. The same principle is maintained on a lower scale due to partition walls, furniture and other elements.
- Peristyle Bottle 16-oz. Personalization Available.
- The fanfare has trumpets both on stage and positioned around the Peristyle. “When you talk about brass music antiphonal is the way to go.” The other two pieces on the program are also connected to women. The Adagietto in the Mahler Fifth has been described as a lover letter to the composer’s wife, Alma.
Welcome and thanks for checking out the Peristyle Podcast, our internet radio show covering the USC Trojan football team.Every week host Ryan Abraham brings you multiple Trojan podcasts, with a variety of guests and opinions talking about football, basketball, recruiting and more!
November 7, 2019
9:45 AM & 11:00 AM
Toledo Museum of Art Peristyle Theater
Through the music of legendary film composer, John Williams, your students will be introduced to all families of the orchestra. We will ponder iconic themes and compositional techniques that lead to soaring owls, lurking sharks, and ominous, foreboding characters and events. This concert is sure to be fun, exciting, AND popular so reserve your seats today!
February 20, 2020
9:45 AM & 11:00 AM
Toledo Museum of Art Peristyle Theater
The Toledo Symphony is proud to partner with the Toledo School for the Arts to produce a semi-staged version of the children’s opera: Brundibár. Originally performed by children in the Terezin concentration camp in occupied Czechoslovakia, this work has stood the test of time. Younger students will enjoy the fairy tale like characters that come to the aid of a sick mother, while older students will be able to experience the tragedy of World War 2 through a different lens.
Achieve Learning Standards
The Young People’s Concerts satisfy Ohio’s New Learning Standards in fine arts for music and other subject areas. Students of all ages are welcome to attend these concerts, however students in 4th-6th grade will find them most educationally appropriate.
Make Your Reservation
Registration is open beginning Wednesday, August 15th. Students are $5 each and teachers and adult chaperones are free.
Public and Private School Groups
- Fill out the link to place your reservation.
- You will receive a confirmation email which will give you access to general information, driving directions, drop-off and pick-up information, and a teacher guide designed to prepare your students for the concert experience
- An invoice will be sent to you via email
- Your “ticket” will be emailed to you the week of the concert and will include your designated seating area. Be sure to print off enough for each chaperone in your group!
Homeschool Families and Groups
Please call the Toledo Symphony Box Office at 419-246-8000 to purchase your tickets with a credit card. Alternatively, click here for the order form. Return the order form and payment by mail. Check or credit card payment is due at the time of reservation.
Once your registration is processed, you will receive a confirmation email which will give you access to general information, driving directions, drop-off and pick-up information, and a teacher guide designed to prepare your student for the concert experience. Your “ticket” will be emailed to you the week of the concert and will include your designated seating area. Be sure to print off enough for each driver in your group!
Questions? Please contact Rachel Schultz at [email protected] or 419-418-0022.
BIGFOOT monster truck driver Jim Kramer once flew his truck through the peristyle at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum during an off-road show. Which is a little bit insane. (Image/lacoliseum.com)
Peristyle Driver Jobs
NORWALK, OH — Jim Kramer once ramped his BIGFOOT monster truck into the air, and through the That Doesn’t Look Wide Enough! archway of the main peristyle at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
It was part of a Mickey Thompson Off-Road Championship Series event. One of those moments we motorsports fans might take a little bit for granted as we’ve gotten used to being thrilled through the years.
But when you’re behind the wheel of a 12-foot-wide monster truck hurling through the opening with less clearance than your eyes and brain would prefer, it’s the sort of thing that sticks with you.
We caught up with the 65-year-old BIGFOOT driver at Super Summit 2016 a couple of weeks ago at Summit Motorsports Park, and asked him about his semi-retirement as he begins to slowly reduce his involvement with BIGFOOT 4×4 Inc.
Peristyle Driver Job
He stresses “semi-retirement,” because quitting entirely is something he doesn’t consider possible, and certainly doesn’t want.
“You can’t walk away from this,” Kramer said. “My heart and soul is still in this kind of thing. In motorsports, and in BIGFOOT.”
He’s planning to build and fly airplanes, he said.
Reflecting on nearly four decades of monster truck building, racing, and freestyle performances, Kramer shared his pride in the craft.
“The evolution of monster trucks has been fun,” he said, talking about launching one more than 200 feet through the air, and then taking that same truck through a freestyle show.
“You think it’s a crude monster truck, but it’s not,” Kramer said.
No, sir. It’s not.
You can see and hear more from Kramer in this video:
Download AllControl for Windows & Mac (AllDSP) Please select the version you want to download. We recommend to select the latest version to ensure full functionality. Download alldsp gmbh & co. kg port devices driver license. AllDSP develops and manufactures DSP equipment for professional audio applications. Our standard products cover a wide range of DSP applications such as entry-level to top quality loudspeaker processors, processor boards to match active loudspeaker amplifier modules, processor boards, system amplifiers, outboard equipment and audio streaming products - and of course including control.