Downloading & Installing Realtek Sound Driver. To download the official Realtek HD sound manager go to this link and download the software. In the download page Check the option I Accept to the above. Downloading Realtek HD Sound Driver. Now click on the next button to complete your download. Realtek High Definition Audio drivers for Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Vista. Realtek is a popular onboard sound card found on many brand name computers and motherboards. Windows XP, 2000 and 2003 users need this driver. Audio drivers available for download from the Realtek website are general drivers for our audio ICs, and may not. Download for free Realtek Intel microphone Driver for Windows 10 (x64).
We understand you might be looking for a way to fix and update Realtek HD audio drivers in Windows 10. So, without any further delay, let’s discuss how to update outdated or incompatible audio drivers in Windows 10.
In Windows 10, Realtek HD Audio Driver is the most common sound driver. This means you can quickly locate it in the Device Manager under the Sound, game, and video controller section.
Further, updating Realtek HD audio drivers in Windows 10 helps fix – no sound issue, sound not working, and no sound in headphones.
Simple Ways to Update and Fix Realtek HD Audio Driver Problem on Windows 10
List of Contents
Here we will enlist 4 different methods using which you can update and download Realtek audio drivers on Windows 10.
Before that, a cautionary note.
|If you are using a manual method to update and download drivers, create a system restore point to avoid any problem.However, if you go with the automatic method, there is no need to create a system restore point as Smart Driver Care backs up old drivers before updating to the new one.|
Method 1 – Update Realtek HD Audio Driver via Device Manager
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run window.
- Here, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter key.
- This will open the Device Manager window, look for the Sound, video, and game controllers section.
- Expand it and right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio > Update driver.
- In the consecutive window, click “Search automatically for updated driver software.””
- Wait for the process to finish. If the update for the Realtek audio driver is available, you will get the Install button. Click it to download Realtek audio driver on Windows 10 and complete the process.
- Once done, click Close and restart the PC to bring changes into effect.
- However, if the installed driver is up to date, you will get a message “The best driver software for your device is already installed.”
- This message means you don’t need to do anything. So, click Close.
But even after having the updated driver if you are facing problems, we suggest trying updating the Realtek sound driver manually.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Re-open Device Manager > click Sound, video and game controllers section > right-click Realtek High Definition Audio > Update driver.
- This time instead of searching updated automatically click “Browse my computer for driver software” > Next.
- Select “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.”
- Pick the right driver from the list > click Next.
- Wait for the sound driver installation to complete and restart the PC.
Free Realtek Driver Download For Windows 10
Method 2 – Download and install Realtek Audio Driver from OEM Manufacturer
Generally, a driver update can be found by following the method explained above. But if Windows is unable to find the latest update try downloading it from the official site. In this case, it is Realtek’s website.
- Visit the Realtek website.
- Scroll down and click Overview under Downloads.
- Type audio in the search box and press Enter key.
- You’ll now see a list of different drivers.
- From the drop-down next to Product Line and select Computer Peripheral ICS
- In the new windows again click the drop-down menu and select PC Audio codecs.
- Pick either ALC888S-VD, ALC892, or ALC898.
- Now, download compatible Realtek audio driver on Windows 10 that will work with your system architecture
- Once the file is downloaded, double click it and follow on-screen instructions to install the latest Realtek HD audio driver.
However, if you do want to update the driver manually and risk your system try the other method listed below.
Method 3 – Automatically update Realtek audio driver
It seems the above two methods didn’t work or you are afraid of doing it all by yourself. Agere systems ac'97 modem driver download for windows 10. Therefore, here we are with Smart Driver Care.
An automatic and all-in-one tool that detects outdated drivers. It helps update faulty drivers and even takes a backup of old drivers. This comprehensive tool is the answer for all driver-related problems.
- Download and install Smart Driver Care.
- Click Start Scan to scan the system for outdated drivers.
- Once the scan is completed, you will see a list of outdated drivers.
- Select the sound, audio, driver, and click Update net to each driver.
- However, if you want to update all outdated drivers at once click Update all.
Method 4 – Add a Legacy hardware
Lastly, try adding legacy hardware to do so follow the steps below
- Open Run window by pressing Windows Key + R
- Here type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
- Under Device Manager > click Action tab > select Add legacy hardware.
- Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.
- Install outdated drivers manually, and you are all set.
That’s it, using these simple steps you can easily and quickly update & download Realtek HD Audio Drivers in Windows 10. If you still have any doubts and want our help, feel free to drop your questions in the comments section.
This program focuses on making it as easy as possible to manage all of your audio hardware. It keeps things organized and easy to modify with just a few clicks.
Small application, big results
If you find yourself amongst a hot mess of cables, this program simplifies finding which wire goes to certain hardware.
Realtek HD Audio Manager is all about keeping tabs on your audio inputs and outputs. Many users might find themselves with a complex mix of speakers, microphones, and other audio hardware. Opening this application presents you with a handy interface that shows you everything you have connected.
Something that stands out with this program is its capacity to make modifying input and output signals. There are times when you may need to adjust volume levels, or even change the way some things sound. This is where this application really shines. With a few clicks, you can totally change the way your speakers play sound.
There are a ton of options for modifying the way your microphone captures sound. You could consider changing the decibel level that your mic captures to get rid of some of that pesky background noise. If you’re in a cramped space and need to reduce reverb, you can adjust certain settings to prevent annoying echoes while you work.
Realtek Driver Download For Windows 8
Switching hardware inputs and outputs becomes easier with this program. It automatically categorizes everything that’s plugged in. This means that a simple image shows you everything you need to know with easy to read tooltips.
Where can you run this program?
This application runs on any Windows operating system. It is not available for any other operating system.
Is there a better alternative?
Not really. Any alternatives available are only included when purchasing specific sound cards. This program is the only standalone option available.
Realtek HD Audio Manager is simply a great option for anyone seeking to simplify their audio hardware setup. It's the best there is.
Should you download it?
Yes. It takes all the hassle out of organizing your setup. Programs included with sound cards can’t compete with this all-in-one program.