SlingplayerForWeb.exe is known as Slingplayer for Web and it is developed by Sling Media Inc. We have seen about 4 different instances of SlingplayerForWeb.exe in different location. So far we haven't seen any alert about this product. If you think there is a virus or malware with this product, please submit your feedback at the bottom.
Here are some suggestions if you find that Watch on Slingbox.com plays audio, but doesn't show any video.
Sling Media Dish Slingbox
- How to Create Custom Remote Controls and use them on your Slingbox Written by: Al Richey With acknowledgements to Matt Whitlock, BrandonC, The Robman, Nuke12 and AndyBBB, who actually wrote much of this article. All I did was update and combine all the information into one document. 1 Background information 1.1 Different UEI Chips 1.2 Slingplayer Compatibility 1.3 Setup Code Nomenclature 1.4.
- 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards 4 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0, 4th port shared with eSATA 2 Headphone out.
Sling Media Dish
Watch on Slingbox.com uses a different video rendering technology than the desktop versions of the SlingPlayer software. But there should be no problems using Watch on Slingbox.com with most up-to-date computers.
If you hear audio but see no video
Try these standard troubleshooting techniques:
- If you have another computer available, try accessing Watch on Slingbox.com on that computer.
- If Watch on Slingbox.com plays properly on the second computer, make sure that the first computer has up-to-date operating system software, especially its video drivers. If you've been alerted that the WebSlingPlayer Plug-in for your browser needs updating, be sure to do it.
- However, if the second computer also doesn't display video, the problem might be with your Slingbox and/or its connections.
- Check that all connections .. especially video connections .. are correct and tight. Check this on both your Slingbox and your AV source(s).
- If you have been alerted that a Slingbox Software update is available, perform the update as soon as possible.
It's very easy to do, but make sure that you are at home near your Slingbox when you do it.
- Using an HDMI cable? If you have video equipment that connects to your TV using an HDMI cable and then try to stream with your Slingbox, you may get extremely poor or no video when using Watch on Slingbox.com. When HDMI cable is attached to the set-top box, you may receive audio, but video is disabled due to HDCP ('High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection,' also known as HD Content Protection).
One fix for that is to use your component cables (the red, blue, and green ones). They have the best quality HD-capable connection. But because they carry no sound, you also need to connect a set of standard red and white audio cables to the audio ports. If you have digital audio (usually an orange cable), you can connect it instead of the red and white audio cables.
Another option you can use, if you'd like to keep using the HDMI input from your set-top box with your Slingbox, is an inexpensive third-party product called the HDMI Adapter (or HDMI Splitter).
This third-party product (not sold by Sling Media) is very simple: it takes an HDMI signal from your set-top box, and converts it to Component video (and stereo audio). Using this product can help you in a couple of ways:
- It offers Component video/stereo audio connections if you'd like to use that connection method, but your set-top box doesn't offer Component;
- It can help if you're experiencing a 'blank screen' problem while streaming (either your home TV goes blank when you're streaming remotely, or certain programs don't appear).
The Frontier Factory HDMI Adapter product is easy to set up and requires no further attention once that's done. For more information, take a look at the product on Amazon.com:
Sling Media Driver App
Acr monitors driver download for windows. For more information on updating Slingbox Software and resolving the HDMI cable video issue, see the related articles linked below.