Looking for support on Sony Electronics products? Find firmware updates, software and driver downloads. With the Sony MPEG2 Encoder Board (WDM), there is the realization of free connection because of an abundant output/input interface. This device requires a driver to be able to operate well in a desktop computer. Without the driver, the device will be rendered unusable because of the lack of the triggering item which is the driver.
- Unzip the SonyAudioUSBDriverV1.10.zip; Double-click the Setup.exe file to begin the installation. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation of Sony Audio driver. Step 2: Check the update was successful. Confirm that the installation is successful: go to control panel, and open the device manager.
- Download Sony input device drivers or install DriverPack Solution software for driver scan and update.
The following guide will help you to connect your computer to your TV.
Before you proceed, it is recommended that you download the latest driver and software version of your graphic card. For more information, please visit your graphic card or computer manufacturer's website.
Most computers have a VGA output port, so you can use the VGA cable to connect your computer to the TV. Other recommended connection is via HDMI cable.
The High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) is an all-digital audio/video interface capable of transmitting high definition video and audio signals.
However, not all HDMI-enabled video cards support audio. If your HDTV has an audio input, you might be able to connect a separate audio cable from your computer sound card directly to the TV.
Otherwise, you'll need to connect the audio signal to a different device, such as external computer speakers or your home stereo system.
The Video Graphic Array (VGA) is capable of transmitting high resolution analogue video, but does not transmit sound. You will need to use the audio connectors of your device.
It is recommended to use a PC cable with ferrites, such as the 'Connector, D-sub 15', or an equivalent.
Notes on Audio Connectivity:
If connecting a digital audio system that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC) technology, use the HDMI jack (socket) that carries the 'ARC' mark. If not, an additional audio connection to PC/HDMI AUDIO IN is necessary.
Note if your computer has DVI or Mini-DVI port:
You can connect it to the HDMI (with AUDIO IN) port through a DVI - HDMI adaptor interface (not supplied), and connect the device’s audio out port to the PC/HDMI AUDIO IN.
Corresponding PC input signalBelow are the corresponding PC input signals in Resolution and Horizontal frequency/ Vertical frequency
|Resolution||Horizontal Frequency/ Vertical Frequency|
|640 x 480 ||31.5 kHz/ 60 Hz |
|800 x 600||37.9 kHz/ 60 Hz|
|1024 x 768||48.4 kHz/ 60 Hz|
|1280 x 768||47.4 kHz/ 60 Hz and 47.8 kHz/ 60 Hz|
|1360 x 768||47.7 kHz/ 60 Hz|
|1280 x 1024||64.0 kHz/ 60 Hz (Full HD model only)|
|1920 x 1080||67.5 kHz/ 60 Hz (Full HD model only) *|
- To view PC content:
- Set Scene Select to Graphics
- Set Screen Format/ Wide Mode to Full
- Set Display Area to Full Pixel. (Display Area is configurable only when Auto Display Area is set to Off.)
- TV does not support interlaced signals.
- For optimum picture quality, it is recommended that you use the signals in the chart. In Plug and Play, signals with a 60 Hz vertical frequency will be detected automatically. (PC reboot may be necessary.)
- Depending on the connection status, the image may be blurred or smeared. In this case, change the PC’s settings and select another input signal 'Corresponding PC input signal'.
- 1920 pixel x 1080 line/ 60Hz output may not be available, depending on your PC. Even if 1920 pixel x 1080 line/ 60Hz output is selected, the actual output signal may differ. In this case, change the PC’s settings and select another input signal 'Corresponding PC input signal'.
Plug the power cord of your TV into an AC outlet and turn it on.
Connect one end of an HDMI cable to the HDMI output port [Details] on your VAIO computer and the other end to the TV.
Set the TV input to the external input.
Download nettalk driver. If a device driver other than the one provided by Sony is used, the image will not be displayed and audio will not be heard. Always use the device driver provided by Sony for updates.
Sony Croporation Input Devices Driver
To hear sound from a device connected to the HDMI output port, you need to change the sound output device. For detailed instructions, see Changing the Sound Output Device. [Details]